EUP - Credit Training Program - Mwasafu & Masongaleni Rural Centres
After the successful completion of Module II Training and regular follow ups on the progress of Economic Upliftment Program for Women’s Group, the Second phase of this project - Credit Training Program was launched with four day sessions Mwasafu Rural Centre from 13th – 16th June, 2011 and Masongaleni Rural Centre from 22nd - 25th June, 2011.
Having completed Training on Leadership / Business Skills / Savings sessions, the Women were now introduced to Credit Training Module.
Approximate 35 – 45 participants attended the trainings each day.
The main objective of the course:
1. Purpose of applying for loans
2. Requirement for consideration of loans
3. Amount of the loan applied for
4. Repayment of the loan
5. Accessing the three Cs: Capital, Character and Capacity
6. Completing Loan Appraisal forms
- 80 Baseline data were successfully collected
- 30 Loan application forms were filled in.
- Credit committee was elected.
- The groups have registered new members
- Group members are saving regularly.
- The credit training Module was very well unders
- Religious sessions were conducted
Comments received from the participants.
“Thank you for bringing this training to our centre this has opened my eyes on how to make profits. Now I will be able to expand my hotel business and try to make more profits which I will use to build a house of my own, instead of paying rent every month. I will be able to give jobs to more people. I will also expand my poultry farming business. This will enable me to send my children’s to secondary school.”
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya would like to thank all those involved in this training program. Special thanks go to International Development & Relief Foundation (IDRF) for co-sponsoring this project.
|< Prev||Next >|